View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #8
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I love grooming Deuce myself. He is brushed and the topknot is done every day. For us a haircut is a three day process. I usually do the job when he relaxed (usually between 10 a.m and 2 p.m.) I speak very softly to him and tell him to "stand like a show dog". He actually listens to me stands still and lowers his head. I support him lightly with my left hand on his back legs or under his tummy. I think he likes the vibration of the shaver on his back though. My hubby assists with holding him up so I can shave or scissor clip his chest, tummy and private areas. You need to be careful not to nick your pup in the areas where the skin is super soft. I scissor a little at a time. Less is always more and less chance for a big error. The worst that could happen is that it will need to grow back. I'll shave his body, neck and under area on the first day. Then I give him a bath. (He hates a bath) I like to bathe and blow dry before I begin scissor clipping his legs so they are fluffy. (He loves the blow dryer) Second day I scissor his legs, trim his paws and trim the pads with the mini shaver. I gauge how cooperative he is to see if I should continue with his head. Sometimes on day 2 but usually day three I scissor his beard, trim his topknot, and shave and trim his ears. At that point he's done but if I see a spot I think needs trimmed I'll clip as needed. Below is one of his most recent haircuts. This response is probably TMI but I'll put it out there anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Grooming Trouble-img_0302.jpeg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!