View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
merlin7676
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default A few questions on supplies

My soon-to-be new puppy is due to be born a week from today.

My spouse and I have been spending the last few weeks getting supplies ready even though it will be another 2-3 months minimum before we can bring him home from the breeder but we want to be prepared.

So far it's going well although we do have a question/concern about the food and water dish. With a yorkie puppy being so small and having tiny legs and heads, we're having trouble finding dishes that would be shallow enough for him to get his head over the lip and into the bowl. Not so much food as that can be put onto a flat plate, but for a water bowl, we'll need something that holds enough water for him to drink.

We're also looking at doggie play pens. He will be confined to the bathroom when we're not at home but when we are home (but not actively engaging with him) he'll need to be confined in a puppy pen so he's still "around us" and not shut away in the bathroom.
All the puppy pens we're finding don't have bottoms; it's more like a circular baby gate thing. Until he's potty trained and doesn't spill is food/water, what do you put underneath to protect the floors? Just cover the entire area with pottypads or a blanket or?

thanks
merlin7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!