View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
jenni
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Trachea Collapse

My almost 15 yr old Daisy has an almost total trachea collapse. This was confirmed by xrays 2 days ago. The vet said it is very very bad, one of the worse he has seen. We knew she had problems and a course of predislone helped some for while. She weighed 4.5lbs and now is up to 5.4. It's obvious the extra weight is hard on her. She is having a hard time getting around and can't go up stairs now. She is on a cough suppressant and it has definitely calmed down the coughing. I am giving her Hycodan every 6 hours.
I just don't know where this all goes. She seems so miserable. In the last day she just sits and stares at me and whimpers. I am so afraid she is trying to tell me something.
Of course I do not want her to suffer, even tho I know to some degree she is.
The vet said he is surprised she can even breathe. How is this going to play out. For anyone that has been through this how do I know when it's time to let her go and end this suffering for her? I certainly do not want her to have a total collapse and suffocate while I helplessly watch.
But how do I know when it's time to let go.
This is so incredibly hard. She is such a sweet little girl. This is a recent picture, she still looks like a puppy.
I'm sure there are others here that have gone through this. If you would share your story with me I would most appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daisy2.jpg (48.6 KB, 14 views)
jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!