View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

His blood panel came back with B-12 being low which would somewhat explain the problem with the intestinal tract. We went on 6 weeks of weekly B-12 shots along with a change in his food to Purina Veterinary Diet HA Vegetarian. (I had expressed my suspicion of an allergy to chicken so we went Vegetarian. It took me about a week to transition him to the new food and by the second week we saw improvement in his stools. Now we are on monthly B12 shots and still on the HA food and he is still doing great. I monitor his weight- since he is only 5.5 lbs - and he has not lost nor gained any from this food change. I was curious to see if the household chaos of Christmas would trigger a problem but there was no problem so it was definitely related to the processing of foods in his intestinal tract and not stress. He does not get anything other than the HA dry dog food. I even use it as his treats. So far so good. Good luck with getting Jackson on track.

PS. The blood panel was expensive about $350 and it was taken while he was fasting.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!