View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:35 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Duchess new habit....ugghhhhh

Duchess is potty pad trained but she also goes outside. In fact she prefers to go outside but will use her potty pads if she can't get outside which I love and also prefer. I trained her to use potty pads because living alone, I didn't want her to have to wait to potty if I didn't get home by a certain time. Lately though, Miss Thing has decided she no longer wants to poop inside. She will potty inside on her potty pads and will usually wait until I walk her before pooping. However, if I don't walk her by the time she has to poop, she would use her potty pads to poop. She has never liked pooping inside and will hold it for as long as she can.

Lately, Duchess has been holding her poop several days. She has never done that before. In the summer time, we went for walks as much as 3 times a day depending on the weather but in the winter time, she is lucky if she gets 1 walk a day.

There is nothing medically wrong with her because when I take her outside, she poops. Now that the weather is cold, snowy, wet and rainy, I don't want to take her outside just to poop. I don't have a fenced in yard and Duchess takes forever to poop, she has to play first or bark at the little woodland creatures (squirrels, rabbits, cats...etc) before she remembers she has to poop.

I never thought I would be asking this but how can I get her to poop indoors again? She uses her potty pads 100% of the time so I don't worry about that. I just want her to stop holding it in. I work from home most days but on days when I go into the office, I don't get home until after dark so walking her isn't always an option.

Last edited by yavenay; 01-02-2019 at 05:36 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!