Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
lynnez
Yorkie Yakker

Default What do I do?

I have some grave concerns that I thought you might be able to help me with. He is only 13 weeks old.
Mickey is very animal friendly, he is not people friendly he won't come to Jeff or I without us chasing him down. He is not interested in anything we do and he is very, very hand shy.
Before this gets out of hand tell me what you think. He hides under our bed if we let him. These are the things we have done to make him feel at home and I have done to make him like us.
1. He has his own "space" but on the flip side we have to close the door during the day or he would never come out.
2. I play with him lay down on the floor with him, I've tried treats, praise and to touch him as often as possible. After we've picked him up after kind-of having a rodeo its like he is just resigned to the fact that we are bigger than him and he has no choice but to let us pet him. I am not going to push him but just ignoring him doesn't work because he could care less.
3. In essence we are not doing very well and feel really bad. We don't want him miserable. And we really want to love him.
lynnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!