Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
scrapbetter
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Question

If this question is in the wrong place, I apologize...but I would like some info.
My wondermutt is a rescue and has what appears to be a tattoo on his tummy... I emailed the national tatoo registry and a description of him to be sure he wasn't somebody's lost baby when he was my foster-mutt and they had no information... So, I was thinking about microchipping him just in case something happens and he gets lost..and I will certainly get my yorkie microchipped due to theft issues. (Frank's picture is to the left...I don't think anyone will steal him..)
ANYWAY, my point: I have been getting these doggy catalogs now and one has a DIY microchipping thing. It includes the syringe, etc. I'm not ready to do shots and stuff myself, but I know my mom could stomach the idea as she gave our dogs shot when they were little. Has anyone else done this? It was only $12.95 for the microchip and device to insert it. Would I be better of paying the $$$$$$ to have my vet do it? Is the registry better than the tatoo one? I have read that more and more vets and animal shelters have the scanners... Has anyone had any experience with a pet being returned because it was chipped?
Thank you
Brenda
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!