View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I hated to take the prize away from my girl, but we really can't encourage or reward them for a kill. One day they could go after something that could cause them much harm.
The steps that lead off my deck is gated, the steps post is appox. 3 1/2 away from my house (not attached to house). 3 years ago 4AM I let Cody out to potty there was a young opossum just starting to squeeze through that opening, we all saw each other at the same time and the opossum fled, I was able to snatch Cody up before he could reach that area which was just a few feet from the house door. How cute this lil opossum was, I couldn't get that picture out of my head all day.
That night my motion light at the front of the house came on, I looked out to see what had activated it, there on the trash pail that cute mid size opossum was sitting on the pail trying to pry the lid up. I got my banging pots to scare it off, when I opened the door the opossum got scared, opened it's mouth and I saw those teeth, not a cute lil opossum any more. Had that opossum gotten on the deck that morning I let Cody out it would have shredded my dog. So praising, rewarding for a kill, not a good idea.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!