Thread: concerned
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYorkie
I agree with Amanda - it's not a good sign if the boy is training the dog to be mean. If the boy is training the dog to attack, perhaps you could report it to the authorities so they are at least aware of what's going on. There are pitbull fans who testify to their dog's good nature, but with so many horror stories, I'm personally just not comfortable around them. Queen Elizabeth had a Welsh Corgi killed by her daughter's pitbull. The initial report said it was the same pitbull that had attacked a 10 yr old boy - later changed to say it was her other pitbull, probably to save the first dog's life. Anyway, I'd be concerned too. Is there a way to fence in an area so it's out of sight/out of reach? I feel for you. We have a German Shepherd who's let loose in our neighborhood. So far, he's stayed away & been a barking nuisance. If he comes here, though, I'll be calling the dog warden right away. Lousy pet owners make lousy neighbors!
I agree with all the advice you've been given. The problem sounds like it's not the pit bull but the owners. Would you feel comfortable talking to them about your concerns? If that doesn't work, you might sneak a video of the boy training the dog to be mean and show it to animal control.

Bottom line is don't take any chances.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!