Thread: Eye squinting
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 05:10 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dluera View Post
My breeder had the vet look at her right away and it was a little infection. She is being treated with antibiotic and sends me pictures daily of her progress.

She is a very vigilant licensed breeder who cares deeply for every one of her pups. And AKC state pups can be weened and released between 8-12 weeks. Hannah will be close to 9 weeks when we pick her up.

Our breeder goes above and beyond to make sure her pups are healthy and has the vet in every Friday to looks at any newborns and any pups that need attention. All pups are kept in her very large home, which is very organized. All pups are kept with their littermates and seperated 2 x 2 then eventually in their own space to avoid seperation anxiety. All pups have adult, as well as children attention to acclimate ea one and socialized

They r pee pad trained, taught that barking is rude and when u enter their space and there are 27 well organized pens and pups and u can carry on a conversation and hear yourself talking u know they are well taken care of. So anyone who suggested she is not a good breed is way off base
I'm sorry that the truth isn't easy to hear, but we're telling you the truth. Please go to The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America -- this is the organization that sets the standards and code of ethics for all 'reputable' breeders of yorkies.

If you go first to this page, go to the bottom right and click on "Code of Ethics and Conduct" in the bottom right - that will download the pdf for that information. You can also go to this page, and click on "What is the best age to buy a yorkie?" - and that will download the pdf. Here is part of what the pdfs say about puppy buying:

If you are seeking a family pet a reputable Yorkshire Terrier Breeder will not release a puppy to a new home before it is twelve (12) weeks old. This ensures the puppy is old enough to have had some of its shots, has been checked by a veterinarian, and a health certificate issued. The puppy’s ears should be erect, and you can generally tell what size the puppy will be at maturity when it is twelve weeks old by doubling the weight. Although not a definite rule it is generally thought that if a twelve week old Yorkie puppy is three pounds it will likely be six pounds at maturity. Also, by twelve weeks the puppy should be outgoing and well socialized so it will easily accept the transition of leaving its mother and siblings.

From the Code of Ethics:
All puppies leaving the breeders possession will be a minimum of twelve (12) weeks of age to facilitate adequate socialization as well as appropriate emotional and temperament development through interaction with siblings, dam and other dogs.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!