View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #1
Noreen612
Yorkie Yakker

Default LP surgery recovery/confinement

My baby had her LPs surgery on her left knee two weeks ago. First week was horrible seeing her so uncomfortable but now that the staples are removed & her cone is off her head she’s a little bit too happy. She’s walking on her leg for the most part but for when she wakes up in the morning or lays down a while. I was told for the next three weeks to take her on 2 very short restricted walks per day & no running jumping or playing . When I’m home I find it impossible to just keep her in her crate because she starts crying gets depressed. So I’ve confined her to my small living room area and I put some floor mats down so she doesn’t slip on my flooring. I let her play on chew toys but there have been two occasions where she got excited and got the zoomy‘s. So I had to block off the area so she cannot do tha againt. I’m debating just keeping her in the playpen but it’s really hard! I think not allowing any playing at all it’s going to lead her to behavioral issues because she’s already barking a lot not understanding what’s going on. I’m just trying to find a good balance between confinement and low key playing. I think it’s much harder with the smaller dogs because they’re so little & can find ways to run around whereas a big dog wouldn’t be able to. Just wondering what people‘s experiences were with recovery in terms of confinement? Did you just leave them in the crate the whole time? Did you manage to keep them out in a room with you etc.? Did the pent-up energy lead to some behavioral issues? This is really hard!
Noreen612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!