Thread: Alpha rolling.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 06:57 AM   #13
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

When training a dog for any command it absolutely must be a team effort. What ever method, word, phrase you use on Chewy, Dan and Elina absolutely must use the same method. Chewy knows Elina is afraid of her dogs can sense that and reason Chewy gets aggressive with her. Maybe Myra should work with Elina, in order to train a dog the owner must be trained first. Elina at 15 knows how to be firm, would she willing get into a strangers car.......NO......

Short story, I LOVE dogs, all dogs and have no fear of them, some years back when I was camping I met ppl with the two best trained Rotties I have come across. One was huge at 90 pounds the other was 45 pounds. The 90 Lb one scared the crap outta me, his head was as big as a black bear. Because I was so afraid of his hugeness I would not go near him even tho I knew and saw how well behaved he was. I felt if that dog sensed my fear he "may" have tried to harm me, I didn't want this dog to get punished or reprimanded because of me. It took one year for me to lose that fear and be able to pet that dog who was a big love bug.

Your daughter cannot back down from Chewy, she has to be strong and firm with her and show no fear. Trainers work with ppl so they can work with their dogs, trainers teach us the tools we need to train our dogs, perhaps Myra can work with Elina to give her the confidence she needs to loose her fear of Chewy. This cannot be comfortable for your daughter.

Last edited by matese; 11-10-2018 at 07:00 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!