Thread: Alpha rolling.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #9
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
She doesn't attack other dogs. It's happened 3 times. Once when she was a puppy, about four months old. Another time she got uppity with a dog who cowered- no biting. The last was when the same dog as a puppy's owner told his dog (twice her size) to "Get her." both dogs were female. No biting, but the dogs did cower.

Staring her in her eyes worked for me and it's what her trainer suggested. I understand you have strong opinions, and I respect those, but Myra's suggestion with the no bite was spot on in Chewie's case. She has a little pack she sees every sunday and no biting or attacking has ever happened.

And, she does have a trainer. No anger on my end, so I want to be sure you understand that. Myra was the one who told my daughter to do it and mean it. Daughter doesn't. She wants to hold the bone, and she'll cower when Chewie growls, so the biting continuously happens. Usually they are nips. This time, my husband took it from her and she reacted. Myra has been called, but all that's been told to her is, I told you a lot to NOT let her think she's in charge. Husband is in the wrong for not doing anything about it until it got this bad. Alpha roll definitely has been debunked, and it's why I'm so upset about it.
The eye staring is also to show dominance/alpha over the dog and all dominance/alpha things have been debunked because dogs can not see a human as an alpha. You are challenging her and it’s not good to stare in her eyes. I encourage you to do some serious research on it. https://www.dogtrainingnation.com/do...g-eye-contact/
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!