Thread: Alpha rolling.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
Shicks
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
He forced her to roll over and held her down. It's a barbaric practice. The no bite worked very well for me and I did it immediately after she tried as I said at barely a year. My daughter doesn't do it with enough authority, so she'll still bite. So, he basically forced her on her back to show her belly while he said no bite.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this as well. Chewie does what she did for two reasons, if she's picked up when she's guarding my feet--she's obsessed with my feet in particular-- or a special bone. Each time if she's had it taken away for growling she'll attempt to bite my husband and DOES bite my daughter. That's what happened the other day, only this time, she bit her very hard.
Oh I see. Yes, my husband has done this with Skye also. I didn’t know what it was called. He doesn’t do it all the time. Sometimes he just touches her with a firm hand. Holds his hand on her till she stops. You know my breeder with our Ruger did this alpha roll thing with Ruger when Ruger would put his teeth on him. Puppies play very hard with their sharp teeth. We visited our Ruger at the breeder every week till he was ready to come home. This roll thing did seem to calm Ruger. When we brought him home we never used this technique. Hopefully you & I both can resolve this behavior.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!