Thread: Alpha rolling.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #3
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shicks View Post
What do you mean “alpha roll”?
Our little female stray we took in is VERY potected with my husband. She stays on his lap or right beside him anywhere in the house. When myself or our little male comes close to them she snaps and growls. If she’s on the floor and we get close to “Daddy” she will run after us growling.
I’m at my witts end on how to deal with this. My husband & I correct her in a non threatening way but not working. Our very well behaved little boy, Ruger is afraid of her & it breaks my heart that we can’t have a 2 Yorkie happy home. They are both about the same age, but we have no clue what her previous life was like. We just had her spayed, maybe that will help??
Good luck with your situation. Let me know what works.

He forced her to roll over and held her down. It's a barbaric practice. The no bite worked very well for me and I did it immediately after she tried as I said at barely a year. My daughter doesn't do it with enough authority, so she'll still bite. So, he basically forced her on her back to show her belly while he said no bite.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this as well. Chewie does what she did for two reasons, if she's picked up when she's guarding my feet--she's obsessed with my feet in particular-- or a special bone. Each time if she's had it taken away for growling she'll attempt to bite my husband and DOES bite my daughter. That's what happened the other day, only this time, she bit her very hard.

Last edited by JennaPenny; 11-09-2018 at 12:52 PM.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!