Thread: Alpha rolling.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Default Alpha rolling.

For the record, I don't agree with this. I believe anything that breaks our precious babies isn't a good thing. Chewie is stubborn. She's dominant, and has gone after dogs three times her size- and has won. Each time. After careful deliberation, we'll be getting a little boy for a companion, instead of a girl.

On to why I said this. Chewie tried biting me once two years ago. I grabbed her chin, looked her directly in the eyes, and FORCED her to keep eye contact, and said "NO bite!" in a low voice with a growl in it. It worked. That hasn't stopped her from correcting my daughter (who, by the way, has done things to deserve it) or sometimes going after my husband. He finds it "cute" when she corrects my daughter. My daughter has a puncture wound that got infected. Obviously it was Chewie. I told Dan okay, since you were the one right there, do what I told you to do. Which was NO bite. Not ALPHA roll.

He did alpha roll. Pest control came over two hours later. The next day, my girl wasn't acting right. we had a vet consult and a discussion with pet poison control due to how she was showing symptoms of a very upset stomach. I figured out later that it was from stress. Chewie wouldn't leave my side the day before, even going so far as to curl up under my chest when I was writing something on the bed. Chewie is an independent little gal, so it was significant. I'm kicking myself for not understanding it was from the alpha roll the day before. Dan meant well. I know that, but I think this is barbaric and wanted tips, or really even comments about how my way is better. I don't want to see her react like this again. For the record, Dan is an absolute wreck and feels horribly.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!