View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:42 AM   #12
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I never indicated you were giving them to a shelter - I gave my opinion as a twice-a-week shelter volunteer where I see people give up their pet family members day after day after day.

I don't need or want to know the details about your daughter. In my opinion, your 2 other fur daughters are also your daughters. And you're getting rid of them bc they're "too much", as you said. And in my opinion, this is not the way family members should be treated, be they fur family or skin family; I don't believe in discarding family.

Every person on this board has "too much" in their life. I don't know a single person in my real life who does not have "too much" going on. That's how life is, everywhere. Still, having "too much" going on shouldn't justify retracting our lifetime commitment to our fur kids - a commitment which should've been thoughtfully considered the moment you took them into your care. Adding to your family shouldn't justify or explain getting rid of current family members.

And if you really can't understand this, without getting defensive via implying your reasons are far more important and/or different and more justified than other people in the world -then I guess in a way, I'm glad they're being rehomed and I only can hope it's to a family whose values include committing to them for their lifetimes.

Again, I don't say this to hurt you - I write this bc it's my opinion and bc it's situations exactly like this that cause our U.S. euthanasia rate to be 3-4 million pets a year - the number is that big mostly bc of people giving up their pets bc they're just no longer convenient for them. And it doesn't matter whether or not you find them a home directly or give them to a shelter bc once they leave your care, they could end up anywhere ultimately.

I hope these poor girls find a home that will commit to them for life.
this is so very well said. I have four and it can be to much with everything I have going on but they are my family my babies and I would never get rid of them. When I got them I made the commitment to love and care for them their whole lives.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!