View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I just popped on YT tonight and saw this post. I'm sorry to hear Jackson was under the weather. I used the RC gastro kibble for Barney and he loved it, I just fed him several meals. He also ate very bland home cooked food. Ultimately, his pancreatitis was well managed and he only had two acute episodes in his 16 years of life. So hopefully Jackson will go on to have many more years of good health. As an aside, funny about the turn around on dog food. I feel the same way....Barney and Daisy had home cooked foods from the time they were puppies until their passing (16 and 16.5 years old). Teddy also ate home cooked food for about 8 years. Nowadays, Teddy, along with his brother Winston and his brother ClydeMonster as he we affectionately address call him, eat Royal Canin Mini. We barely go to the vet these days and they love it. I can't believe what I used to do (pressure cook chicken, make big pots of rice, etc...and I had a freezer with all their meals in portioned zip lock bags). LOL I'm happy with the kibble.
I, too, hope Jackson is like Barney and hopefully we can avoid any more attacks and he can continue to be my healthy active boy.

I don't even know who I am anymore when I am recommending Purina Pro Plan and RC over most other foods these days lol.

My biggest problem I'm having right now w/ Jax is the hunger. He never used to literally cry and whine at his bowl at 10pm and he won't go to bed until he eats even more lol... I may have to resort to home cooking eventually if it can "Satisfy" him more *sigh* but if one of these RX kibbles can do the trick, I'm happy to continue feeding. I know homecooking is a lot of work lol.

He LOVES the RC Gastro canned and the kibble- he even takes it as treats! So even if we do some homecooking, I'll likely keep this food around for convenience.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!