View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #11
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Pancreatitis is definitely scary. We almost lost Tatum a couple years ago when a "well meaning" family member decided to feed her cheesecake at a big family gathering (hosted by us at our house) because "she loved it so much". Ugh. I had spent a good 10 minutes telling everyone that she could NOT have people food and then it got ignored. That was on Saturday evening, she started acting a little sick Sunday morning and she was at the vet first thing Monday morning. Vet said if we would have waited a few more hours, she wouldn't have made it. She was "in the hospital" for 5 days with fluids and everything they could do for her for the pancreatitis. Since then, she got no treats except Cheerios occasionally, no bully sticks, and only Science Diet K (for kidneys). She had some serious damage done to her kidneys and over the last two years, declined in weight slowly (6 lb to probably under 4). She was still acting happy and not uncomfortable so we didn't take any extreme measures until she had a couple seizures about a month ago and passed away quickly. I'm not saying this to scare you. She really did have a happy life after the diagnosis but she was 14 years old and just couldn't keep compensating for the damage done. Just watch the fat content. I'm glad you have a vet now you like. That's always important.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!