Thread: Chester is gone
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
chestermama
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Chester is gone

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have lost Chester he was 16 last month and he had done pretty well with his heart failure he started having problems when we were in California took him to the vet got meds is creatinine was up. I took him to my vet twice got Sub-Q fluids cerenia some flagyl. I went to another vet on Saturday and she noticed he had a bad tooth and thought maybe his kidneys was bad from his creatinine that she had drawn which is now up to 9.5 quite a jump in 2 weeks. I has also had him on a phosphorus binder for increased levels there. She wanted to do fluids for 24 hours and recheck is creatinine and see how he done he was still 7.5. She says his kidneys was probably 75% gone he had quit eating I was giving him goat's milk Flagyl and case it was a stomach issue appetite stimulant. I had done everything I possibly could for him he had the best of everything. She was wondering if I wanted another 24 hours of fluid or to take him home and I said no he was tired and he was worn out and he wasn't eating and he had lost weight I done what was best for him I miss him so much he was such a good dog we had probably 300K together.
chestermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!