View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
DaveD345
Yorkie Yakker

Default Goodbye for now, my little friend :'(

Gracie hadn't quite been herself the previous few months but I was keeping an eye on her.

It was on Sunday, August 12th that she gave me a look that I had not seen before. In hindsight, it was as if she was saying, "Dad, something's not right." I didn't know what to make of it at that moment except that she was being more adorable than ever.

That night she began panting heavily. I got her to the vet the next morning. After a blood panel, it was apparent that her kidneys were failing and she had a sudden spike in her blood sugar level. They suggested she stay overnight. One night turned to 4. I was there with her every minute that I could be. She was on a drip IV the whole time.

Friday afternoon they sent her home with me with plenty of saline/dextrose solution and needles. She wouldn't eat a thing except for a few nibbles of shredded chicken. The smell of a piece of McDonald's cheeseburger caused her to vomit. I knew she was feeling very nauseated.

By Monday I knew it was time to say goodbye to my little one.

Gracie went with the angels on August 21, 2018. She was 12 years old. I miss her terribly but I know she's not sick anymore which is my only comfort.

I will see you again, sweetie.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!