View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #4
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Thanks so much for the responses!

I will definitely look into the Rover option. The more I read about pancreatitis, the more I'm wondering if Chloe's reaction after a kennel trip was actually related to the treats she was being fed. The past two times we've left her, I have asked that she not be fed anything other than her own food and she hasn't had an upset stomach either of those times. So I'm wondering if she was being overfed due to treats or fed treats that were higher in fat content than she's accustomed to.

We have not done an ultrasound, and if it wasn't for the bloodwork, we wouldn't even know about the pancreatitis! Chloe doesn't act like she's in a bit of pain and she doesn't react negatively to having her abdomen or stomach gently pressed. She eats and drinks normally, has normal bowel movements, is energetic and playful. We're currently feeding her Wellness Core Reduced Fat food, but I will look into other options with even less fat content.

The vet did mention that Chloe's pancreatitis was "sub-clinical" which I understand to mean she's not presenting symptoms. So maybe we've just caught it early through the blood test and we can head off a serious attack that would result in a stay at the vet and a need for fluids.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!