View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
remilove
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default What is wrong with my yorkies hair??

Hi,

I have a 6 month old yorkie who I got from a breeder. And her hair is way different from the hair of a yorkie I used to have. My last yorkies hair was VERY soft and silky. My current yorkie's hair is more like fluffy (?) and it gets matted very very easily. Its still kind of wavy. I have to brush it all the time. And the hair on her face... I don't even know how to explain how bad it is. The hair on top of her head is ALWAYS sticking straight up or falling in front of her face, but mostly sticking straight up into the sky. And her face hair always makes her look like a crazy stray rat dog. If her hair was more silky then it DEF wouldn't be sticking straight up into the sky but idk why its just all over the place.

I asked her breeder and she said that yorkies have an "ugly coat" for the first 3-4 months and then at 5-6 months their sily coat comes in.

My dog is supposed to be AKC registered so idk, why is her hair like this??

I've attached a picture of her here to show you what im talking about... and trust me, she is not normally THAT ugly if i can keep her hair put together but this is what I'm working with.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
What is wrong with my yorkies hair??-img_0198.jpg  
remilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!