View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Reoccurring loose stools and diarrhea and bloodwork

Deuce is nearly 8 years old. Since he was a puppy he's had colon issues which included very soft stools, diarrhea, mucus, gas, and red blood. With each episode we gave him metronidazole to calm down his intestinal tract and that worked. Initially diet appeared to be the culprit so we put him on Hills ID prescription diet and he did well for at least 5 years. He would have an episode or two annually but we suspected it was a treat that did it or someone visiting may have given him food off the table. In the last two years he has had several episodes with this year having about 5 or 6. He is on Hills ID Canned food only. I'm done with the guessing game. After the last time we saw the vet she suggested doing "bloodwork" that includes fasting to look a little deeper the next time it occurs. Does anyone know what kind of Blood Panel I should expect he get done? I have read about several different tests being done (on here) when a dog has this type of problem which include bile acid testing and or liver enzymes. Your input would be helpful before I see the Vet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!