View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

IMO the best time to have had her shaved down would have been in the spring or summer, warmer weather, give her body a chance adjust to the shorter cut. If you decide to do it it should be now while we still have a few weeks of warmer weather.
Although I love full coat ,puppy cut is so much more easier to maintain. I keep Cody in a puppy cut year round, his face I have fringes on the ears, full mustache and beard,his top knot is a pony tail. Bath time is 20 minutes including hair drying (hair is not 100% dry, but dry enough). My groomer uses a #7 blade for summer and #5 for winter. Winter he goes to groomer every 6 weeks, summer every 5 weeks. I love the look of the puppy cut.

For your first cut I would suggest not cutting as short as I do so you don't go into full shock lol, until you get use to seeing Emma in a short cut, you can always go shorter.

Hair grows back, for a full to the floor length it could take 2 years or longer depending how fast Emma's hair grows. I would keep her face full and keep the top knot, I myself do not like the look of a fully shaved face and ears, you can always have that cut shorter later if that's what you would like.
It's a very big and tough decision to make, good luck
I have attached a photo of my guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0082__1537117342_90179__1537117342_63867.jpg (67.0 KB, 41 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!