View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:59 AM   #23
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

More information is needed on your puppy. She is 15 weeks old now, how old was she when you got her from the breeder.
Reason I ask is, if you got this baby when she was 12 weeks old it is best to keep her on the same food she was eating while she was with her mother. When puppies go home with new owner they are going through many changes, leaving the mother and litter mates, the only human they have known, going to a new home with a stranger they do not know, new smells, sounds, schedules, major changers for a wee lil baby to adjust to, so it is always advised to keep them on the same food the breeder was giving them until the puppy has settled in which is appox. several weeks. Then you can do a slow transition to a food of your choice.

As I have already written, fee feeding is suggested for puppies. If you are doing a schedule I would feed 3 times a day not 2 as you are doing.
I don't know why your breeder was feeding her all veggies for morning meal, puppies need a lot of calories because this breed is a high energy dog, they burn a lot of calories and need calories to replace what they have burned.

Did you tell your vet what food you are feeding this baby.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!