View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
BellymonsterMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Anyone use commercial treats for dogs prone to pancreatitis?

My pup had 2nd bout of pancreatitis last May...her testing number was 887. Within a month she was 39 and now 5 months later she's at 30.

I've been making her a food mix...boiled chicken breast slices that I freeze and then heat up each meal on a George Forman grill. I also use one very thin lean top round cutlet that I slice into 4 small piece and grill on a day that I use as topper. I pat it dry. I slice it into teeny pieces and put on the chicken. I add a side dish of RC Low Fat stinky food. She eats off and on different combos , nothing or all of it. She has access to Hills Dry Low Fat at all time- she sometimes likes a little crunch-lol! I like that because I know she is getting vitamins- along with the RC which isn't always eaten.

I've made fat free Turkey meatballs to hide one of her many pills in. I crush the the pills that can be crushed and add flaxseed to Gerber Beef baby food mush- less than a teaspoon.

I've boil extemely think low fat round steak. I cut it into slices and dehydrate and then cut it into very small pieces and put in the freezer and give two little ones a day.

I'd like to find a commercial treat biscuit or something that is extremely low fat for my pup. Anyone know a brand?
BellymonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!