View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniko View Post
I’m sorry for your loss. A similar scenario happened to me with Sophie last year. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July and I told her to stay strong and that I wasn’t ready to lose her. I’m August I went in to talk to our vet about her future and what her quality of life would become. This was a Wednesday night. I had a sense of peace that night and Thursday and then it hit me like a ton of bricks that Friday night. I told her that I was sorry for asking her to suffer and that even though I wasn’t ready to lose her I promised I wouldn’t keep her alive for my benefit and that all she needed to do was give me a sign that she was done fighting and I would take her in and I understood if she didn’t want to continue. A few hours later she lost her balance while running and cried out. She couldn’t walk anymore and just laid beside me staring at me and kissing my hands. I knew she was ready and we took her in the next morning and had her put to sleep. She stayed calm that whole night and in the car and didn’t fight the vet or bark...she just kept kissing my face and stayed curled up in her blanket on my lap.

Our current dog on the other hand...does what he wants and doesn’t care what we say to him lol
Makes me tear up. I honestly think Eddie knew how impossibly difficult it would be for me to put him down. He left before I had to.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!