Thread: Meet Harper
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Default Meet Harper

Just introducing our latest: Harper, a 1-year-old rescue originally from Texas, is now officially Jillie's little sister.

She came from an awesome rescue outfit in Anchorage called Polar Pug Rescue and Friends. She was actually fostered back to health by a longtime friend of mine after having been dropped off at animal control matted and stained and underweight. My friend nursed her from 3 1/2 pounds to 4 pounds, 11 ounces, and she's almost at her perfect weight.

Many of you heard that we recently lost Eddie to cancer at age 14. He was our first Yorkie and became a huge part of our lives. Losing him was like losing our arms and legs all at once. Even Jillie was sad.

My wife wanted -- and still wants -- a boy, but she's not quite ready. I just wanted Jillie to have a friend, sooner rather than later. I had a big hole in my heart to fill as well. I promised Kelly that when the right boy comes along, we can be a 3-Yorkie family .

Harper's only problem is she has a somewhat rare ailment where she has no teeth enamel. The rescue outfit already did one dental, and she will require them regularly just to try to keep her teeth as long as we can. Most Yorkies have a tendency to develop bad teeth, but Harper's will just come sooner. She is on a daily brushing regimen, and we'll see how it goes. She fights me with teeth cleaning. We have a supplement in her water that's supposed to help. If anyone has any experience with this or suggestions, I'm all ears!

Expect more details later, but here's her first action shot. Love the tail!
Attached Thumbnails
Meet Harper-img_1829_yt.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!