View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #6
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyasDaddy View Post
I have to decide what kind of haircut I want. My mom thinks its odd I want her face/head hair to be longish. It's cute. Especially with the bow.
She's so cute.

I liked to keep Katy in a medium long cut, but she sported a puppy cut more than once. The puppy is easy-peasy by comparison (to the longer cut).

There are also a TON of variations to the puppy cut. For example, puppy cut the body and legs, leave the facial hair and beard long or longer.

Any where the hair is cut long/longer, you'll want to spritz and groom every day.

I like longer facial hair, and especially prefer the hair around the eyes be longer so that (a) I can tie the brow hair into a top knot up and use a bow and (b) the nose hair is long enough that it won't sprout into her eyes.

At least from my experience, some yorkies look really cute with a short beard, while others appear more natural with a longer beard.

Over 15 years, can assure you Katy had some great cuts and some cuts I didn't like at all. She was probably seven or eight when a groom mistakenly cut her brow. It just never seemed grew out properly after that. (So, while I was upset about it at the time, I was more and more upset over time.)

Lil Dutch is scheduled for her first groom next week. I know what I want the groomer to do, but I'm going to find and print a photo from the internet to give to him and say--"This way!"
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!