View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 05:01 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Dogs are really good at hiding pain I wouldn’t skip the pain meds.
TOTALLY agree! Anytime my kiddos have dentals or surgery or any pain situation - I do not attempt to 'assess/judge' there pain based upon what I'm seeing in them. Dogs can and do hide/mask even severe pain, and they can't tell us when they're doing that...they only suffer in silence and will even behave normally. I would always give the pain pills, even if you have to concurrently give anti-nausea !

An anecdote - one of my best friends is on SWAT and is also a major violent fugitive detective; they have a dog on their team when apprehending a fugitive by surprise. Recently, that amazing kiddo was shot *twice* during an apprehension - that dog stopped briefly after the 1st shot, then went right back to his job and didn't stop after being shot again. Granted, this kiddo was fueled by adrenaline - but still - *that* is an example of the extent a dog can mask issues. The good news, is that kiddo's injures were amazingly minor in terms of not doing any permanent damage - he will be okay.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!