View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 03:55 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Hi and welcome to YT ! Your little one sounds so sweet; so sorry to hear she's worrying you.

I do think she could be signaling you that she's hurting. Did the vet suspect not just LP, but also arthritis now...? If arthritis, there are meds you can use when it starts to affect the quality of her life. Meds like Dausiquin (get on Amazon - much better than having chrond/glucosamine in food!), Adequan injections (not cheap, but can be very effective), and at some point you may need to use some steroid (prednisone) and/or pain pills. Nothing wrong at all with using meds if it keeps the quality of her life better.

Another thing - did the vet check her eyes and ears? Sometimes our older kiddos start having sight/hearing issues, so they may be more scared when outside their own home.

If it were me, I'd give her a good week's total rest. Then perhaps drive to a new area, and take her for just a 10min walk - see if she'll go. I'd stay away from anything longer than 10-15mins at a time for now.

Keep us posted on how she does!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!