View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 AM   #4
Beer Belly
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatysMom View Post
I'm so sorry you and Toby are going through this.

I' am not a pet behavioralist, but this sounds to me like a socialization issue.

Why do you think Toby behaves this way? Do you have any idea about who he is protecting?

How does he behave at the vet's office?

Do you take Toby with you to the pet store--where he might ride in the cart? What if you were to walk him to the park, but then carry him around the park--as you approach others to chat?

Have you used a stroller with him?

I haven't experienced this with a pup, but certainly understand your concern that he may bite.

--KatysMom
he is fine at the vets office, the boarders and the groomers. I'm thinking he is protecting us and his territory, but there is no threat. When walking in the park, we have people walking / jogging, and pushing carriages.....no issue (no need to protect), but someone directly approaches, he protects. We expect company, and he is in his crate when company arrives, he hears us talking, and the visitors make a few walks past his crate, and after a while, we let him out and he is fine.....fine enough that he will jump in thier laps and lay down. I was thinking socializing.....but where do you begin when he reacts the way he does ?. He's a cute pup, and people always want to see / pet him, but not like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toby 4-11.jpg (39.6 KB, 12 views)
Beer Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!