View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #15
Yorkiegirl123
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Not my business but holistic vets often do that regarding heartworm prevention and it is BAD advice. End of story.

As for Hill's .. hogwash. Hills is a reputable company and I know for a fact the ZD was changed...the kibble is actually a different size. Of course the formula may be the same but if it works why change it? I love Royal Canin but I have had some problems with my pups liking their foods.

I hope your vet is right about the meds and the food and she ends up doing very well. I am a frequent flyer at a large specialty hospital and they always use appetite stimulants. I never heard of what your vet mentioned....but of course, if she eats that is great! The "amount" of food she eats has nothing to do with the treatment...the only way to know if the treatment is working is if she is eating. Please keep us posted!

By the way, you can save money by ordering your food from Chewy.com It may be less than what your vet is charging.
I found Ivermectin tablets (not chews) at Valleyvet.com. They are the only place I could find Ivermectin formulated for dogs with food allergies. If this is what you were referring to, I'll call my vet for a prescription.
Just curious, what is your background? You mentioned you're a "frequent flyer at a specialty vet hospital." Are you a Vet Tech?
Yorkiegirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!