View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I am so very sorry you are dealing with this. My sweet Cookie, who went to Rainbow Bridge last year, had lymphangectasia and IBD for 6 years. She actually responded well to treatment and in the end, she passed of lymphoma. So, it is possible for them to live a long life. I know others who are living and have been for some time. On the other side, though, some simply don't do well.

This is a thread about Cookie and maybe it will be of some help to you....maybe something in there will be something you have not tried.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...ia-update.html

Albumin at the numbers you mentioned are definitely scary. Have you ever had her hospitalized in a specialty hospital? Sometimes they can turn them around with hetastarch and IV meds for a few days.

I wish I had something else I could say. I HATE lymphangectasia so much and I HATE that breeders don't care. Well, let me say that reputable breeders do....but the ones who continue to breed willy nilly are the reason this is still affecting so many yorkies.

I will say a prayer for your girl and for you. If you have any questions...if I can help in any way at all, feel free to message me.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!