View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepenelope View Post
My 9 year old baby girl has been fighting a severe symprtoms of lymphangiectasia over the past two months. She’s likely had it all along, as evidenced by almost yearly pancreatitis. She has been on a special low fat diet since I got her at 2 years old.

My Penny girl has seen two different internal vets, in addition to animal hospital vets, and has been/is on on multiple medications. She has gone from 8 lbs to 5 lbs in two months. Up until this past week she was having her belly drained of the fluid build up about once a week. Her albuterol has hovered around 1 for two months.

I am hoping to hear from others about their journey with this terrible disease. This past Saturday we took her to the ER vet due to her not eating or drinking. They recommended that she be put down, which was horrible to hear on my birthday. I just did not see her being at that point and she has been perkier since then, but is still very sick.

Yesterday, the internal vet said we are likely looking at one to two weeks. Has anyone been at this point and seen recovery? I am not in denial of the severity and that this is coming sooner than I’d like, but would just like to hear the experiences of others.
I'm so sorry you and your little one are dealing with this. I'm sure its both hard and heartbreaking.

I haven't faced this condition myself, but know that other YorkieTalkers have.

There may be many others, but see the 2009 thread by juliet1, "lymphangiectasia."

Prayers to you and your little one. --KatysMom
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!