View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyasDaddy View Post
Pretty much the same. Her legs are the hardest parts. She's the most tolerant of her head/face. Although often after I'm done combing her head/face, she starts rubbing it with her paws.

I bathed her recently, for time for me. I'm not sure I got her head/face that well done. I was afraid to get it in her eyes!

And I have NEVER clipped her nails. The yanks them away. They are so TINY. I'm not even sure a groomer could do it. I'm afraid of breaking her lil arms and legs, whatever lol. They're all legs.

Her eyes are relatively easy to clean, have some angel eyes stuff. Her dental stuff I'm not sure about. I give her Minities. I try to use dental wipes on her teeth, but she's not keen on that.
Smile, smile, smile. Me thinks Freya has got you just where she wants you ....

See my comment earlier--this is as much about you as it is about Freya.

1. Clipping nails. I don't know of any pup that really likes this routine, but it's a routine in which you really need to be in control. Trim a little at a time. There is a sweet spot. This means you do NOT want to clip too short because you'll catch the quick. Feya's nail will bleed--this will be very painful for her. You will be upset with yourself; she will be upset with you. As well, you do not want to let her nails grow too long, because the quick will grow too, making it even harder to avoid.

Practice. Perhaps there is someone else in the home who will hold her (body and three legs), while you nip a tiny, tiny bit from each nail on one leg. Repeat with another leg, etc. Plan to do it again next week ... and the next week. If you can't get through all four legs, do the front paws on day and the back paws on a different day.

2. Washing her face. Have you checked out tearless puppy shampoos? You will still want to be careful, but you'll likely have more confidence.

3. Dental. She likely has all or most of her permanent teeth now, so you need to do this on a regular basis. Do you have a good doggie toothpaste? Do you have a small finger brush or doggie toothbrush? She probably won't be crazy about it the first time you brush her teeth. You might do it every night until she gets used to it. Even if she never gets keen to it, this is something you do to give her half a shot at keeping some or all of her teeth as she matures. (In an earlier post, I mentioned that she's about the age to have a vet check her teeth to make sure she's expelled her baby teeth in good order, and that her permanent teeth are emerging also.)

Send more pictures!!

She's such a cutie. Just love the name you chose for her. --KatysMom
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!