View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

For years when I owned mini poodles and my brother was breeding and showing Saint Bernard's he always teased me about my wee lil poodle who was smarter then his big dogs. Then my SIL got a Shih Tzu, I went to see her lil dog and there's my brother the NYC police officer, Mr. tough guy on the floor calling Honey come to daddy, I near died laughing. This was years ago, every dog after that was small one and they were always daddy's girl lol.
What I have seen over the past several years is a change in "men's" attitude over little dogs. Cody sits in a booster seat because he gets motion sickness, so he is now level with the window. He sports a long ponytail top knot. When I gas up I have had guys, mid 20's come over and make a big fuss over him and the smiles on their faces just melt my heart, I have had burly truck drivers come to pet and say hello to my guy, their entire tough face changes into softness and smiles and baby talk lol, so cute.

I have a burly retired truck driver neighbor who owns 3 tiny yorkies, when one passed he cried like a baby telling me how his dog passed.
So yes I have seen a change in ppl's attitudes in small dogs.
Back in the 80's when I had yorkie fever and had a pack of 3 I would get teased when I walked them passed ppl walking their Doberman's, I just said " different strokes for different folks" and kept on walking.
Eddie was a great lil smart pup, and yes it would hurt to hear someone putting down little dogs, but if they were to see the vids of Eddie working their way of thinking may change. Eddie and Jillie are pups to be very proud of.

Cody knows many commands and a few tricks, now that summer is here we go to friends BBQ's, sometimes neighbors are there, I have Cody go through all his commands and tricks using hand signals only, they are always amazed that such a small dog (12 ponds lol) is so smart. I tell them size doesn't matter, small dog can do anything big dogs do if they are trained.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!