View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
katstock
Yorkie Talker

Default Atlantoaxial luxation

My 2 year old baby, Ryder, is currently at the vet for observation. Last Wednesday he had his teeth cleaned and was taking Amoxi drops and Carprofen because he a tooth extracted at the same time. He was showing signs of being wobbly on Thursday, we called in and the vet asked if he was eating, drinking and if his gums were pink. We said yes and he said it was most likely the medicine. On Saturday only gave him a ½ dose of the Carprofen and he perked up some. Still very unstable but awake. What we noticed is he has started shaking a lot. To make it easy for him we were bringing him water and food so we knew for sure he was still eating and drinking (broth with Pedialyte). Sunday he slept in my husband’s arms most of the day. Shaking at times, food and water being brought to him. I brought him into our vet this morning and he didn’t tell me a name of what he suspected but said he thought Ryder has damage at the C1 and C2. He gave him a steroid shot and muscle relaxer stabilized his head and said he would like to give him some IV fluids and watch him today.

Since I’ve been home, I have easily found on the internet videos and websites that perfectly shows Atlantoaxial luxation describes my baby perfectly. I’ve been reading through old posts and crying. Is there anyone out there who can share a successful outcome with me.
katstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!