View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
NikkiB1986
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Looking For Female Yorkie Puppy!

I'm looking for a responsible breeder that offers affordable puppies with a lifetime health guarantee, in Michigan, preferably close to Ann Arbor where I live so when I'm ready I could go in person to meet breeder and pick my pup. I am willing to drive out of state if I find the right puppy/breeder (within a reasonable distance) or ship if I can't but I really prefer to deal in person.

I bought a pup online in 2010 and it died (along with the entire litter) a few days before it was to be shipped. I got my money back but I was devastated because I was already attached (she had been sending pics/vids updates weekly). That scared me off from trying to get a puppy for a long time. Well I'm ready to try again. I'm hoping to find a breeder with a proven track record of healthy pups that live long healthy lives so I can avoid that heartbreak again.

I'm looking for a healthy, cuddly female puppy. I'm not necessarily looking for a teacup since I know those are prone to health issues but I am looking for a very small puppy that will stay small (at or under 5lbs) even when full grown. I'm a tiny person myself and always dreamed of having a tiny puppy of my own.

I'm not rich or even middle class so I can't afford a puppy for $5k or $10k or really even $2k so I would love to find a puppy for around $500 ideally or up to $1,000. Especially willing to pay more if there's a lifetime health guarantee. I want to make sure that whatever puppy I buy lives a full healthy life. Research I've done on yorkies online says they live an average of 16yrs, so I wouldn't want my pup dying a year after I bought her. This is one of the most expensive purchases I will have ever made and I want to make sure I make the right choice and get the most value for my money.

I hope my financial concerns don't give you the wrong idea that this pup would be just a thing to me, I will love her with all my heart. I don't have any kids, can't afford to. This is as close to being a mother as I may ever get. So she will be spoiled and have all my attention. I just must stress that unlike most people that can afford to go buy another one and it's not big deal to them, I cannot afford to. This may be the only puppy I'm able to buy, so I want her around to love and cherish for at least a decade or more.

I'm not looking to buy right away, just doing some recon for now. My husband promised me he'd buy either for Christmas or my birthday in January so hopefully this will be enough time to find a good breeder.
Thank you.
NikkiB1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!