Thread: Yorkie Breeder
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
You are correct in some of what you say. But in the Yorkie breeding the damage has been done by bakcyanrd and unethical breeders not show people.
You should attend a YTCA meeting sometime to hear about all the efforts that they are working on for healthier dogs and improving with each litter.

I am sure there are some sucky breeders, but for the most part YTCA is seeing to fit that we don’t have deformed, can’t walk pups. I am blessed to be around breeders who love their dogs and love the breed above all. And they take very good care of their dogs.
Show standards have bred the yorkie down to much smaller then they were and like I said cutting their tails off for nothing more then looks how is that good or better for the breed? There are many breeders out their who can breed for and do genetic testing without being show breeders. I’m not a fan of dog showing. The dogs that can’t walk are like the German Shepard’s being kept to their standards. I have been informed that show and reputable breeders will breed dogs with LP. I have also seen show breeders that keep their dogs in outside buildings. That has changed my whole opinion on is their really ever the perfect breeder. I will probably continue to get the unwanted Yorkies of my area that no one wants because I want and love them. I will insure them and hope for the best and be prepared if something pops up. They all certainly deserve love.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!