Thread: Barking Baby
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 03:28 AM   #4
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

My little Gus is a real barker! I have never had such a vocal dog, and he can be annoyingly stubborn about quieting. He does have different barks, and is always trying to tell us something.

Gus will, of course, do an "alert" bark when the doorbell rings or he sees someone doing yard work, etc. Beau joins in, and it takes awhile for them both to quiet, but we tell them "it is a friend", and they stop.

Likewise a dog bark on TV (or outside) will trigger them until we tell them "it is on the TV".

More annoying is the barking that he will do when playing. The minute my husband sits down in the family room, all three boys race over with their toys, and Gus is usually barking with excitement. Ty often intercepts Gus' toys during playtime, and Gus will bark out of frustration and insult, but it is getting better since Ty will now respond when we tell him "drop it Ty".

All in all, it is easy to tell why Gus is barking, and he is not as excitable as he was as a puppy. He is better able to quiet now, but it seems to be just part of his personality to be very vocal. He is quiet when we are on trips to visit family, but "Mommy's Sweet Baby Gus" (his AKC name) is just the "squeaky wheel" of the pack!

Maybe it is the name????
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!