View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Default Any experience with unerupted teeth and dentigerous cyst

I'm putting the cart before the horse here...but Maggie is 8 years old and is going to be getting her first dental. We were discussing her teeth at her yearly checkup and how surprisingly good they look (she is 8). Her molars look good, just her canines showing a little tartar and slight redness. She is a yorkiepoo and I was asking if she has more of a poodle mouth, which might explain why she looks pretty good (she doesn't let me brush!) He then took another look and realized she doesn't seem to have all her teeth. Her dental, which was going to be $300, is now $435 because of the full mouth xrays.

It's possible the teeth are missing genetically, or they are unerupted, or that they are really tiny (I think I can feel them-but she's tough to get in there). She has no problems or signs of trouble. Of course I assume the worst and that they are un-erupted and the vet will want to remove them. Then I have to decide if I wait until there is a problem or just do it. No idea of the cost. It also sounds like it would e painful--similar to ipacted wisdom teeth. I'm mainly asking in case they want to do it on the day of the dental so I'm figuring out my options. The dental will probably be in late July.

Except for the dental problem (which may not be a problem!) she did great at her exam!
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!