View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munselle View Post
Hi we have a Yorkie who is now 2 years old. She is very sweet and loves people. However we want to have her wear a collar for identification only and a harness for walking. When ever we put a collar on her she pouts and will do nothing but lay around looking depressed. We have left it on for two days with her not wanting to eat or play or take care of her toilet. Once we took it off she was bounding around as if she was just let out of a box. She does the same thing a harness except that once we put the leash on and go outside she is fine.
Any suggestions?
Welcome to YorkieTalk.

I bet your 2 year old is sweet as could be.

My late Katy only wore a harness when we took her for a walk. She loved to walk and would get pretty excited when she saw the harness in someone's hand. When we returned home, she wanted the harness off. Indeed, she'd sit in front of us and stare until someone took it off.

Katy had quite a few dresses, sweaters and coats. Although some folk on YorkieTalk dress up there yorkies every day, Katy's dress up was more seasonal or celebratory. When the weather was cold--not very often or long here--she was more than happy wearing one of a *very few* of her sweaters inside. Coats? She wanted those off as soon as we came in from outside. Much like the harness, Katy would sit and stare at us until they came off, as if to say---"Humm, you forget something?"

I can't offer much opinion on the collar issue. Katy had lots of collars--but she didn't routinely wear them in the house. They were great when she was riding on my shoulder in her purse. She liked being able to "comb" the backs of her ears and neck with a scratch here and there. If this makes sense--while Katy didn't mind a collar, she did seem pleased when we took it off.

Any chance your little one associates her collar with being on call for training commands?

Does your little one wear dresses in the house? There are some YorkieTalkers whose little ones are dressed up much of the time.

Again, welcome to YorkieTalk.--KatysMom
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!