View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 03:14 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Not a really great update. She has another skin infection and they gave an antibiotic injection and are hopping that it will help the diarrhea if it doesn’t we call back in 24 hours for a special GI antibiotic. Here is the not so great part Callie has gone from 18 pounds to 15.8 pounds in only a few months. The vet is concerned. She says she’s not loosing the weight in like a normal needed way but that it seems like she’s loosing muscle mass. When she goes back in two weeks if the weigh is still going down they want to do X-rays and possibly a sonogram looking for inflamed organs and possible tumors. I don’t know what I’m going to do if she has cancer. She is my heart and soul.

Oh no ! Poor Callie...sending love and hugs!

So this weight loss - it can't be attributed to the Cushings Tx, is that right? Was she overweight prior to the Dx of Cushings?

When dogs have Cushings that's either undiagnosed or it's not yet titrated to control the cortisol -- they do lose muscle mass. You often see it most (or, notice it most) in the hind legs bc suddenly, for example, they may not be able to jump up again on something they previously could.

When is your next ACTH again...?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!