View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #15
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
There's only a tiny amount of carrageenan in the dog food you listed above, and it comes from seaweed, so it's harmless. But as I mentioned in the other thread you have about plaque reduction, for us, the best wet food is to simply take Bella's regular dry food and add SALT-FREE Swanson Beef Broth to it. It's much less expensive, Bella loves it, we don't have to change her food, and since you make up only a small quantity at a time, you don't have to worry about storing it. We just put a small amount of dry kibble in her food bowl, put on a small amount of salt-free broth, stir it around a little to make sure all the kibbles are coated with broth, and let her eat it right away. We don't let it sit around and get completely soggy, but she will eat it if it does get soggy--it's just messier to clean her bowl if she doesn't lick it completely clean (which she usually does anyway, since she loves the taste of the broth). Two different vets recommended this to us an option--one of them a professor of dentistry at the University of Illinois. We use Wellness Core Grain Free Small Breed kibble because the kibble size is small enough for her to swallow whole since she can't chew (she has stitches in her gums from a dental procedure). The broth helps it go down more easily, and like I said, she loves the taste of the broth.
Sounds good, though the reason I wanted wet dog food was because she only has her front teeth and a few molars. I realize she doesnt like to crunch on food
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!