View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #5
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Hi Lisyn_1ce,

So sorry you lost a little one to tragedy, but happy you have opened your home and heart to another--and are prepared to do it again.

Kicking myself in frustration, as only recently I was very impressed by the web page of a Minnesota breeder--but I can not remember the site name.

Seek and you shall find--in other words, hang in there.

In my recent quest, I came to believe in the math--there will always be more puppies available than there are great breeders who are active. Folks say there is no such thing as a "perfect" yorkie, but there are good/great yorkies. More math--there will always be more great, active breeders than there are great breeders with great pups--and so many of the latter pups will have been spoken for (as opposed to being available for delivery in the near term).

I decided to research the breeders--paying particular attention to breeder referrals (referrals to breeders by the breeders to whom I spoke). Show breeders ought to be proud of their own lines, so I didn't hesitate to ask if any of their lines were active with other breeders.

You wrote, "I have not been successful in getting through to [YTCA breeders]..."

There are great breeders on that list--I just wish more of the great breeders were listed there. YTCA also has a list of CHIC (health testing) participants --unfortunately that list doesn't seem to identify the participating breeder by state. Seemed to me you had to research the registered kennel name to learn where they are based.

You wrote, "Maybe I need to look out of state, but I really do not like the idea of purchasing a puppy I haven’t met. I may need to go to other states in the region."

I did. At least for me, being able to see the pups probably wouldn't have worked out as a screening process--Yorkie puppies are just too darn cute. To see one is to love one. I limited my search to show breeders whose breeding and care reputations were not in question, and to other show breeders to whom they would refer me.

Now I'll go back to kicking myself in the hope I will re-locate that Minnesota breeders webpage.

Last edited by KatysMom; 06-15-2018 at 07:25 AM.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!