View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #14
chloeTG
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashasmom
Speaking of teens. I've not told anyone but my son will be 18 this summer and he wants to get his own place *sob* I don't think he's ready he's not out of school yet plus he has college. I will admit and agree he works and he works hard. He pays all of his bills plus he always makes sure he has gas money and never asks me for money. But thats a far cry from living on your own. I have threatened to take his car. i've cried. i've begged. Now I've somewhat resigned. I don't want him to move out period. But I really don't want him to move out with us not on good terms. So what do you do..this is the hardest thing I"ve ever had to endure. How do you let your baby go when he's still just that..
Sorry just had to let it out..

I was 18 when I moved out of the house on my own...I have a wonderful relationship with both my parents and although my mom and dad didn't want me to move they knew it was a learning opportunity for me as well as a chance to start being an adult. Sounds to me as if he deserves a chance to see what it's all about, at some point in your life you wanted independence from your parents as well. From what your saying he'll do fine and if you don't threaten him with punishment for growing up then you'll both have a great relationship that lasts past the teens and into his adulthood.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!