View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 04:18 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

My 7 yo old will do this if he is not watched. Pineapple does not work on all dogs. I bought Dole's frozen unsweetened pineapple, the chunks are large, you may want to cut a chunk up. My guy weighs 12 pounds, for one month I gave him one chunk cut up after his morning and night feeding. After that one month trail I hid while he pooped to see if the would try to eat it, sure enough he tried but I caught him before he did. The second month I gave him 2 cut up chunks after his morning and night meal, after that one month, same thing. so pineapple does not work for my guy. although it has worked for other members, it all depends on the dog.

They also sell a powder called S.E.P. (Stop Eating Poop) it's sprinkled over the dogs food.

I have not tried this as I am always watching my kid and pick it up right away. It was on very rare occasions when I would take my eyes off him, he would eat it, so now I watch him now.

For tiny 3 pound dog I would try 1/2 a chunk after each meal for a month (cut the chunk up) then see if they eat their poop, if the do, try one chunk for a month and see what happens. For tiny dogs you may want to check with your vet to see if giving them 2 chunks per meal is ok heath wise.

Hopefully other members with tiny dogs will chime in with their experience.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!