Thread: Stomach Issues
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
jnash21
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Stomach Issues

Our Toby is almost 11 months old and weighs 5 pounds. He started throwing up about two weeks after each meal.

We took him to the vet and they gave him a shot for nausea, prescription food, probiotics, and meds for parasites. After the nausea meds wore off, he began to throw up here and there. As soon as he finished the meds, he began throwing up again. We took him to the emergency vet for blood work and an xray (all came back normal) and we got more probiotics and nausea pills.

We then brought him in for an ultrasound this week and they thought he might have Addison's Disease or liver shunt. So, we did blood work for both. We got the results back today and both came back normal.

Bile Acid Test - fasting was 2.8 and then two hours after eating was 20.8.

I told them it makes no sense as he has a lot of symptoms for liver shunt. When he was 3 months he would walk in circles, he never really grew (both parents are 10-15 lbs), and now constantly throwing up.

I'm at a loss. I know once his nausea pills are complete next week, he is going to start throwing up again. I asked them to send everything to Texas A & M and will drive there if he starts throwing up again.

Anyone have a similar experience?
jnash21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!